Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner

My family's thanksgiving meal was spectacular. My mom's husband did an excellent job on the turkey. I think it was the best one yet. Of course all the sides, stuffing, corn, garlic mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, were excellent too. It was nice to just hang out with my family for the evening. We watched the movie, Pretty Woman. I've never seen it before, so we had to stay and watch it. It was a pretty good movie.

Well, I've started step 2 of the mystery quilt. I've got all the strips cut and then a portion are subcut into HSTs and then another group have been sewn already. Of course, I had to sew some because I wanted to see how they are going to turn out. As soon as I get them done I'll post a picture. I'm looking forward to the next step. The first two have been really easy, which is not normal for Bonnie Hunter. She loves lots and lots of little pieces. Who knows what is coming our way.

Did a little Black Friday shopping. Mom & I went out and braved some of the crowds. Elder Beerman was crazy. I ended up buying a wool sweater and a cashmere sweater because the prices were great. I didn't need them, but when you can get such a good deal they have to come home with you. Mom got some luggage at an unbelievable savings. She needed some because she is going to vist my sister in Vancouver this week. We hit a couple other stores and got everything we were after. There was no way I was getting up in the middle of the night to go shopping. I think we left the house around 11. That worked out pretty well. I was amazed at how things died down after 1pm. You know all those doorbuster deals expired then, so people quit shopping. You could actually find parking spots after 1. I hope everyone was able to get the deals they were looking for.

No comments: